- 12-16 ounces French Beans, sub regular green beans
- Olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, any kind, sliced thinly
- 1 lb Sunburst Squash (optional) thinly sliced
- Black Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- If using the larger Blue Lake Green Beans, blanch your beans: bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil; add in the green beans, and simmer them for about 6 minutes, or until tender but still crisp; drain, then shock the beans in ice water to stop them cooking; pat the beans with paper towel to dry them well.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, and drizzle in about 3 Tbls of oil, once the oil is hot, add in the sliced mushroom (and sliced sunburst squash), plus a couple pinches of salt and pepper and sauté them for a few minutes until a deep golden-brown.
- Next, add in the garlic, and stir together until the garlic becomes aromatic, about 15-30 seconds, sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and stir to combine, then spoon the mushrooms onto a plate to hold for a moment.
- Add the butter into the skillet, and once melted, add in the green beans, and toss to coat them in the butter, sautéing them. Add back the mushrooms and toss everything to coat well. Taste for more salt and pepper.
- To finish, add the green beans and mushrooms to a large plate or platter and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan and any toasted nuts.