Brussels Sprout Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 slices bacon cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Citrus Vinaigrette Directions:
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar, cover and shake well. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Brussels Sprout Salad Directions:
Use a mandoline and slice the brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. Hold them by their stem and stop about 2/3 of the way down to protect your fingers. This is not a job for your children, and since the sprouts are so small, you will not be able to use the cutting guard.
- Add the dried cranberries and pecans and toss to combine. Drizzle with about two tablespoons of the Citrus Vinaigrette, toss to combine. Top with the crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Source: Grits and Pinecones