- 1 large bulb fennel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of cup parmesan -grated
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the stalks from the fennel bulb and trim the bottom of the bulb where it’s harvested from the plant, wash the bulb and peel off any outer, bruised leaves. Then cut the bulb in half lengthwise, from bottom to top
- Lay the halves flat and slice, again lengthwise, the halves into large 1-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet ensuring that they are all laid out evenly and do not overlap
- In a bowl combine the olive oil and minced garlic and brush it over the sliced fennel and then sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper overtop to ensure they are all well-seasoned
- Bake the fennel in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, sprinkle parmesan over the fennel and then return the tray to the oven to bake for another 10 minutes
- After 30 minutes of baking the fennel should be tender and caramelized on the edges. Serve warm.
- WE LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!
Source: Every Last Bite revised and tested by Cindy Bevans and Andrea Chavez