Panko Parmesan Asparagus
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 13 x 18-inch sheet pan with foil. Get out 3 containers that will fit the asparagus spears. Bread pans, pie pans or rectangular plastic containers all work. Place the following in each of these pans:
1. Flour, ½ teaspoon garlic salt, lots of black pepper.
2. Beat eggs, add ½ teaspoon garlic salt and more pepper.
3. Bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- Wash asparagus, breaking off ends. Working with a few pieces at a time, dredge in flour, then coat with eggs, then roll in bread crumb mixture. Arrange asparagus on baking sheet so the spears don’t touch each other.
- Place baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the spears and until asparagus are crispy and golden. Serve immediately.
Source: FiveHeartHome.com, tested and revised by Andrea using gluten-free ingredients