- 1 baguette, cut in half length-wise and toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups minced roma or heirloom tomatoes (cut so fine it’s almost a paste)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
- Slice the bread into individual pieces and spoon the mixture on top.