- ½ lb bacon
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat just until crisp; drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon and set aside.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until bright green and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain well, run under cold water to stop the cooking, and drain again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, sugar, and raisins. Add the broccoli and toss to coat with the dressing. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, fold in the sunflower kernels and all but 2 tablespoons of the crumbled bacon. Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the salad to garnish. Serve immediately.
Source: Trisha Yearwood"s Broccoli Salad