- 1 large bunch of small carrots with tops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nuts or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Trim carrot tops, leaving some stem attached.
- Toss carrots and 2 tablespoons olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are golden brown and tender, 25–35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Pulse garlic and nuts in a food processor until a coarse paste forms
- Add basil, Parmesan, and carrot tops; process until a coarse puree forms
- Add olive oil and pulse until combined; season with salt and pepper
- Serve carrots with pesto
- DO AHEAD: Pesto can be made 1 day ahead. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; chill
- Carrots can be roasted 4 hours ahead
- Let stand at room temperature
Source: Bon Appetit