- 10 medium sized beets, stems removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons red chili garlic puree
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 2 Tablespoons pistachio nuts
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drizzle oil on beets and toss to coat, adding salt and pepper. Bake for 60 – 75 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Then use paring knife to remove skins off the beets, then cut beets into bite-size pieces.
- Mix together honey, red chili, garlic sauce and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Add the olive oil to finish the agrodolce marinate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine beets and marinade, tossing well. When ready to serve toss the arugula leaves in with the beets. Place on a serving plate and top with nuts.