Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Canola/ Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
Wash sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks with skin on if desired
Microwave on High for about 3 minutes
- In a skillet, heat oil to medium hot, add the sweet potatoes and butter and stir once so all sides of the potatoes are coated with the oil. Cook until one side is done, then turn potatoes over (be careful not to break apart).
- When sweet potatoes look like they've been deep fried, remove from the skillet and place sweet potatoes on a plate in a single layer. Remove oil/butter from the skillet. Add the maple syrup. Cook, stirring constantly until it thickens enough that the syrup coats a spoon and slowly drops back into the pan. Pour the maple syrup over the sweet potatoes to coat completely. Cool.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cool until the maple syrup hardens.
Source: from Food 52 - revised and tested by Cindy Bevans