- 10 medium potatoes (about 4 lbs)
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chives (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Place in proper size pan and cover with cold water and cook until tender. Drain and mash potatoes.
- Beat cream cheese into potatoes and add sour cream, salt, garlic salt and chives. Beat well. Beat in milk until desired consistency.
- Spoon into 2 quart glass serving dish or casserole. Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika. Cover.
- Microwave on high 8-9- minutes or until heated through.
- TIPS – Potatoes can be made a day ahead and refrigerated overnight. To reheat in step 4, microwave 14-16 minutes or until center is just about heated, rotating dish once. Let stand covered at least 10 minutes. Can reheat in oven 350 degrees also until hot in center.
Source: Fullerton Assistance League