- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning: oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, basil, and sage.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, more or less to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and prepare a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Place sprouts in a large bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper
- Toss gently to coat the brussels sprouts evenly
- Place the brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly into one layer
- Bake on the center rack for 25 to 30 minutes – Adjust the time depending on your oven, the vegetables should be golden brown
- TIPS: Cut the brussels sprouts into even pieces to achieve a similar texture. For a nice golden sear, turn the Brussels sprouts cut side down on the sheet pan. To make this side dish more substantial you can add chopped bacon, sweet potato cubes, quartered onions, or whole/minced garlic cloves.
Source: eatwell101.com tested by Cindy Bevans