- 2 pounds potatoes into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed & diagonally sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Romano cheese
- Place rack in center position of oven and preheat oven to 425°F
- Place potatoes in a gallon-sized plastic baggie. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Seal the bag and shake it until potatoes are evenly coated. Dump the potatoes out onto a large, rimmed sheet pan and spread them into a single layer. Cook for 15 minutes, use a metal spatula to stir (and scrape up any potatoes sticking to the pan), and cook for 10 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the asparagus to the same bag that was used for the potatoes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and add additional pepper. Seal the bag and shake to coat the asparagus.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove the pan from the oven, add the asparagus, sprinkle with the minced garlic, toss everything together, and spread into a single layer. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes until the asparagus is tender (depending on the thickness of the asparagus). Sprinkle the veggies with the Romano cheese and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.
Source: fivehearthome.com- revised and tested by Cindy Bevans