Cauliflower Puree withThyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in to chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and salt to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and bring back to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and steam for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add 3 tablespoons of the chicken broth from the pot, along with the butter, and process until smooth
- Taste and adjust and seasoning with salt, if necessary, and add pepper to taste.
- Add the thyme and process until just combined
- Scrape out the puree into a medium bowl and serve.
- This puree can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, refrigerate, and reheat gently in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Source: Jennifer Segal - Once Upon a Chef