- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries, or other fruit
- 2 cups blackberries, or other fruit
- 2 cups blueberries, or other fruit
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. butter a 9-inch Pyrex pie plate.
- Gently combine the berries with the sugar, flour and cinnamon; place in the prepared pie plate.
- Prepare the topping: Combine the oats, flour, both sugars and salt in a bowl. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives to work n the butter until topping resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove the crisp to a rach to cool slightly.
- Serve in dessert bowls with whipped cream or ice cream.
Source: Sheila Lukins-Parade