- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan.
- Spoon the zucchini mixture into a 10-inch round glass pie plate or metal pie pan that has been coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Source: Cynthia Nicholson - Real Simple