- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil - divided into 1 Tbsp each
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Using a baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil onto the sheet, and spread around using paper towel or brush. Line your potatoes making sure they aren’t too close to each other. Bake for 20 minutes or until able to smash. Using a potato masher or strong fork, press down in the center to smash your potato; repeat for all potatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the potatoes, then brush around the entire potato (I used a basting brush). Sprinkle kosher salt, pepper, and all herbs over the tops of the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned on the top.
Source: Domestic Superhero-revised and tested by Cindy Bevans