- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil - divided into 1 Tbsp each
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Using a baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil onto the sheet, and spread around using paper towel or brush. Line your potatoes making sure they aren’t too close to each other. Bake for 20 minutes or until able to smash. Using a potato masher or strong fork, press down in the center to smash your potato; repeat for all potatoes.
- Mix together salt, pepper, basil, thyme and rosemary in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the potatoes, then brush around the entire potato (I used a basting brush). Sprinkle herb mixture over the tops of the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned on the top.
- These potatoes are delicious but may be a bit dry. If desired, cook 3 cloves diced garlic in a small saucepan with 2 Tbsp butter and pour over potatoes, mixing just before serving.
Source: Domestic Superhero-revised and tested by Cindy Bevans and Andrea Chavez