Simple Swiss Chard Pasta
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chard, stems diced, leaves coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Shaved pecorino or parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts (optional)
- Sea salt & fresh black pepper
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chard stems and a pinch of salt. Give them a stir, then add the chard leaves and gently toss until they begin to wilt.
- Once the chard is cooked down, add pasta and remove from heat. Serve with shaved pecorino or parmesan cheese and pine nuts on top.
Source: Love & Lemons revised and tested by Cindy Bevans