- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch kale
- ½ cup white wine, vegetable stock or water
- Kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice or red wine vinegar
- Wash kale leaves, turn over on cutting board and slice the leaves from the stems. Coarsely chop the leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and cook until soft.
- Add kale to pan, add liquid, then cover and cook for approx. 5-7 minutes, until it is soft and wilted, but still quite green. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all liquid has evaporated, another 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and peppers, add orange juice or vinegar and toss to combine. Serve hot.
Source: New York Times Cooking