- 2 lbs. red or gold potatoes, cut into wedges or cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place a large heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (Keep the baking sheet in oven as it preheats.)
- Combine potatoes, 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic and thyme in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Arrange the potato mixture on preheated baking sheet, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until browned and tender, turning after 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, shallots, Dijon mustard, and tarragon in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over potatoes and serve.