- 2-3 lbs. Japanese or Garnet sweet potatoes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, well softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or shallots
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F with rack in upper third. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and put on a foil-lined large baking sheet. Bake until very soft when squeezed, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While potatoes bake, stir together butter, miso and green onions or shallots until combines.
- Slit hot potatoes lengthwise and push in sides to puff up potato. Serve with some butter in center of each with additional on the side.