Roasted Delicata Squash
- Delicata squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the delicata squash by running under warm water and scrubbing away dirt with your hands. If there are any bad spots on the squash, you can scrape them off with a knife.
- With a sharp knife, cut delicata in half lengthwise. With a spoon scoop out seeds and discard (you can save them and prepare like pumpkin seeds if you like). Slice each half of delicata squash into 1/2 inch segments, creating moon-shaped pieces.
- Toss squash pieces with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lay in single layer on metal baking pan. Salt gently.
- Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the squash. Roast for another 10 minutes. Continue roasting and turning the squash until both sides are golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.