- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- Remove baking sheet from oven, using tongs arrange Brussels cut side down on baking sheet. Roast Brussels on bottom rack deeply browned, 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, bring honey to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until honey is a deep amber color but not burnt (it will be foamy, that’s okay), 3–4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar and red pepper flakes, if using, and whisk until sauce is smooth (it will bubble up quite aggressively when you add the vinegar before settling). Return saucepan to medium heat, add butter and ½ tsp. salt, and cook, whisking constantly, until glaze is glossy, bubbling, and slightly thickened, 3–4 minutes.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Add glaze and scallions and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter and top with lemon zest-Enjoy!
Source: Bon Appetit – revised and tested by Cindy Bevans- love this recipe!!