- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprout
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Hass avocado cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Toast the pecans in a pan on the stove on in the oven. Let cool and then coarsely chop.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels Sprout and cook until bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain, cut in half and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a glass large baking dish, toss the sprouts with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn them cut side down. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees until nicely browned.
- In a large bowl, toss the sprouts with the pecans, avocado and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the vinegar and serve.