- 1-2 lbs. tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves or 4 tsp dried
- fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- Preheat the broiler and set an oven rack about 5 inches beneath the heating element. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and oil directly on the prepared baking sheet and toss with your hands. Broil until softened and charred, 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and juices to a food processor. Add salt, cumin and pulse until just slightly chunky. Add cilantro and lime juice and pulse a bit more.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm, at room temp. or slightly chilled. This is so tasty, versatile, easy to make and healthy!
Source: From OnceUponaChef.com Revised and tested by Andrea