- 1 bunch carrots, peeled and thinly slice on an angle
- 1 head cauliflower; trimmed into small florets
- 4 tsps. extra-virgin olive oil -divided
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 ounce chopped walnuts (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the carrots and cauliflower in a bowl with 3 teaspoons of the oil, the thyme, salt and pepper until well coated. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the vegetables until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook the walnuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and toss with the parsley, lemon zest and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle over the roasted vegetables.
Source: Cooking Channel - Revised and tested by Cindy Bevans