- Pie Pumpkin or Winter Squash
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take Pie Pumpkin or Winter Squash and cut in half, scoop out all seeds and pulp.
- Rub olive oil on the inside of pumpkin and place face down on a baking sheet. Put in oven and cook for about 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce a fork through the rind of the pumpkin and the inside is dark orange and easily comes off the rind. Pull out of oven and let cool.
- Scrape pumpkin off of the rind with a fork and put into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, it should look creamy. If it is difficult to blend add small of amounts of water or milk until it blends. Use right away or store in refrigerator or freezer.