- 2 large ears corn
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (seeds slightly removed and diced)
- 1 whole serrano or jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- To grill corn (preferably over charcoal for best flavor), leave the husk on and grill it first until charred. Then remove the husk and strings and put it back on the grill for a little color – 2-3 minutes – rolling to heat all sides.
Once grilled, slice corn off of the cob and add to bowl with remaining ingredients and stir.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, pepper, or lime juice for added flavor.
Serve immediately. Will keep covered in the fridge for several days but is best when fresh.
Source: Minimalist Baker-tested by Cindy Bevans