- 2 delicata squash, washed and dried
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment, lightly spray with oil. Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Slice the seeded halves into 1/4-inch-thick slices (half circles) and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper over the squash slices, tossing toss well to coat. Lay flat on the prepared baking sheets. In a small bowl combine the parmesan, parsley, thyme and lemon zest. Pour the parmesan mixture over the squash.
- Bake in the center of the oven until soft and golden brown on the edges, about 25 minutes.
Source: Skinny Taste revised and tested by Cindy Bevans