- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, cored, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 Tbsp juice
- 1 lb ripe nectarines, halved, pitted, cut into 1/2 inch-thick wedges halved crosswise
- 1 shallot, slice into thin rings
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Combine tomatoes and 1/2 tsp salt in bowl and toss to coat; transfer to colander and let drain in sink for 30 minutes.
Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon and juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper together in large bowl. Add nectarines, shallot, and drained tomatoes to dressing and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with mint. Drizzle with extra oil. Serve.
Source: America's Test Kitchen