Lisa's Super Simple Marinara Sauce
- 1-2 lb tomatoes – cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, omit if sensitive to spice)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
Turn on oven to 350 degrees.
On a pan with edges, place tomatoes, onions and garlic, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
Use a food processor for a smooth marinara sauce or just mix with your pasta and enjoy!
Source: Created by Lisa Loogman