- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 to 3/4″ cubes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can refried black beans
- 1 lime, in wedges
- 2 avocados -cubed
- 1 -2 bell peppers-sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese (of choice)
- 1/2 red onion -sliced
- Toppings: Sliced avocado, onions, bell peppers, grated cheese, pickled jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro, hot sauce, and anything else you might want to add!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add salt, and taco seasoning, toss to evenly coat. Place on large baking sheet in an even layer.
Roast potatoes for 40 to 45 minutes, tossing once or twice for even color.
To assemble, if you have a gas stove, I love running flour tortillas over an open flame to give them a little char and complexity. Otherwise, you can wrap the stack of them in foil and let them warm in the oven while the potatoes roast for the last 5 minutes.
- Schmear some refried black beans on each tortilla. Add a big spoonful or two of roasted sweet potatoes. Squeeze a little lime juice over the potatoes and black beans (don’t skip this, please), and finish with toppings of your choice: with a shake of hot sauce, sliced avocado, onion, bell pepper, cheese, pickled jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro, the choices are endless.
- I even put some cilantro dressing on top!
Source: Smittin Kitchen - revised and tested by Cindy Bevans