- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths, halved if thick
- 1 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots; cook, stirring once, until beginning to brown, 2 minutes.
- Add broth, honey, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook over medium-high until carrots are tender and liquid is syrupy, 7 to 9 minutes more (there should be only a small amount of liquid remaining).
- Remove skillet from heat; add butter, and swirl skillet until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Source: Martha Stewart