- 2 artichokes
- 1 whole bulb of garlic (9-10 cloves), outer skins removed
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 T. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 T. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the artichokes in half and remove the fuzzy "choke" from the middle of each half. Place in deep baking dish. Add the garlic cloves.
- Squeeze the lemons over the entire dish, adding the spent lemons to the bottom of the pan, under the artichokes. Drizzle the tops with the olive oil. Add the sprigs of thyme, reserving a few for the dipping sauce later.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper over the top, cover with heavy foil and place in oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest while you prep the sauce.
Take the melted butter and add finely minced thyme to the dish. Take 2-3 cloves of roasted garlic from the pan and mince into the butter mixture. Stir well and serve with the artichokes.
Source: California Grown - tested by Cindy Bevans