- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot about 2 minutes. Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and the butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beans and continue to sauté until coated in the butter and heated through, about 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
Source: The Food Network