- 1 lb. broccoli crowns (be sure they are dry)
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- a good pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Lemon Wedge (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar and mix well.
Cut the broccoli into 2-inch florets, leaving one to two inches of stems attached. Discard the remaining thick stalks or use for stock . Add the broccoli florets to the large bowl and toss with the spices and oil to coat evenly. Transfer the broccoli to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and lightly browned in spots. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano over the broccoli. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish and gently squeeze 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve.
Source: Once Upon a Chef Jennifer Segal - tested and Loved by Andrea Chavez