- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add trimmed green beans to the skillet, season them with salt and black pepper, and saute them stirring often until they are tender for about 5 minutes. (Make sure you don’t burn them, reduce heat if necessary).
Add minced garlic to the green beans, toss and cook until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
Pour ½ cup water over the green beans and cover the skillet with a lid. Steam the green beans for a couple of minutes, until they are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Drain green beans and transfer them to a serving bowl. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over them and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Source: Delicious Meets Healthy - tested by Cindy Bevans