Fusion Lettuce with Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 head of Fusion lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb shaved brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino cheese, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped chives, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 spring onions
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts using a mandoline if you have one or slice brussels thinly with a knife. Place them into a medium bowl and toss with the chopped Fusion lettuce, olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, spring onions, cranberries, pecorino cheese, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then taste and adjust the seasonings. Finish with an additional drizzle of olive oil if you like.
- ***I used the Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil by The Groves on 41. We sell that delicious Olive Oil! Just reply to your Saturday morning email and request a bottle. They are only $20.00 each for 8.5 oz.
Source: Love and Lemons revised by Cindy Bevans