Crispy Baked Purple Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds purple sweet potatoes, washed well and sliced into "fries"
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (rosemary + oregano)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- coarse sea salt for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°F (use convection setting if your oven has it).
Place cut purple sweet potatoes on a large heavy bottomed baking sheet.
In a small bowl, stir together the avocado oil, minced herbs, salt, garlic powder and pepper until well combined.
Pour the mixture over the fries on the baking sheet and toss until all the fries are well coated. Arrange in a single layer.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip each fry using a metal spatula then return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until fries are crispy on the ends and starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
Remove from the oven, garnish with any additional minced herbs and coarse sea salt before serving.
Source: Runningtothekitchen.com revised and tested by Cindy Bevans