- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots, from 1 to 2 shallots
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 large ears corn cut into fresh corn kernels
- 2 zucchini - diced
- 3 tomatoes -diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (4-oz) log creamy goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Do not brown.
- Add the corn and zucchini and increase the heat to medium. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and continue to cook for about 2 minutes more, until the tomatoes start to break down. Break the goat cheese into chunks and stir it into the vegetables until creamy and well-combined. Off the heat, stir in the fresh basil along with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve warm.
- Make-ahead: This dish can be made a day ahead of time and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator but wait to add the water until reheating.
Source: Once upon a chef -revised and tested by Cindy Bevans