- 1 can black beans-drained and warmed up
- white rice-cook per instructions
- 2 -3 corn cut off the cob and cooked
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove seeds for mild)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1-2 avocado sliced - optional
- Cheese-Mexican blend
Combine all the ingredients except for rice, avocado, cheese and black beans.
Place rice in bowl and add the mixture on top-section on 1/3 of the rice. Place warmed black beans and avocados on the other 2 sections of rice. Top with cheese.
Source: Created and tested by Cindy Bevans