- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons almonds, roasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch kale, stem discarded and leaves torn (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan (1/3 cup), plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 16 to 18 ounces fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the carrots, 2 tablespoons of oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing once, until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the almonds and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the kale, Parmesan, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil. Process until smooth. (The Pesto can be made ahead.)
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the ravioli and return them to the pot.
- Add the carrots, pesto, and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water and toss gently to coat, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce. Serve warm, sprinkled with extra chopped almonds and Parmesan.
Source: Real Simple Magazine