Cauliflower Fried Rice from Delish-Dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 slices thick-sliced bacon, chopped (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 small carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds or other nuts
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough inner core. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces. You should have 5 to 6 cups of cauliflower "rice."
- Cook the bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Drain off all but a teaspoon of bacon fat (or use 1 teaspoon vegetable oil), reserving the fat.
- Place the pan back over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and pour them into the skillet. Quickly scramble the eggs or make an omelet. Transfer the eggs to a cutting board and roughly chop into pieces.
- In the same pan, warm 1 tablespoon of bacon fat or vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the carrots and sauté until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Stir in the corn, peas, and the cauliflower "rice" into the pan, mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Uncover and stir in the bacon, eggs, green onions, almonds, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce to taste. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep refrigerated for about a week. For a spicier version, serve with Sriracha sauce. Leftovers are great over a fried egg for breakfast the next day.