Cauliflower, Celery and Leek Soup (with carrots)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil – divided
- 1 medium leek – thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 7 celery ribs– thinly sliced
- 1-pound cauliflower, florets
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 12 small, thin slices baguette
- 2 cloves garlic-pressed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add leek and celery, and cook for 4 minutes until just softened, being careful not to burn. (add diced carrots if desired.) Add cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, preheat broiler. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine remaining tablespoons oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix well. Brush bread slices with oil mixture and broil for 1-2 minutes, until crispy.
- When soup is done, puree in batches until smooth and creamy. Return to pot and season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls; top each serving with two croutons and serve immediately.
Source: From Delicious Living