Carrots with Spring Onions
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1bunch spring onions, trimmed, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 bunch carrots, trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh parsley leaves, for serving (optional)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onions, cut side down; cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add wine and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits, until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup water, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until carrots are just tender, about 12 minutes. Uncover; return onions to pan and simmer until liquid has evaporated and carrots are glazed and tender, 5 to 6 minutes more.
Add thyme; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter; serve, garnished with parsley.
Source: Martha Stewart- revised and tested by Cindy Bevans