- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Leeks finely chopped
- 1 lb broccoli trimmed into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups stock – vegetable or chicken
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Warm oil – add chopped leeks saute medium until soft 2-5 minutes. Add broccoli and stock.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft 15-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree in blender or with immersible blender.
- Return soup to medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream or yogurt. Top with croutons and chopped chives.
Source: Williams-Sonoma revised and tested by Cindy Bevans