- Strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Whipping cream
- Slice the strawberries and mash them a bit, add raspberries and blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease and flour one 9-10-inch pie or cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread the doughy batter into the prepared dish. Flatten it out evenly around the sides. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Slice into pie triangles and then slice these horizontally making two layers. Place your berries on top and add whipped cream.
Source: allrecipes.com (revised)