- 2 pounds Pluots, Pitted and Quartered
- 1-pint Blueberries, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cups Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 cup Old-fashioned Oatmeal (or Quick Oats)
- ½ cups (1 Stick) Softened Unsalted Butter, Diced
- ½ cups Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the fruit, in a large bowl, combine the pluots, blueberries, (1/4 cup) brown sugar, cornstarch and the wine (or liqueur). Pour mixture into a 12 x 8″ shallow baking dish and level out. (May use 10x8 if you have less fruit)
For the topping, combine the flour, (1/2 cup) brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal, and butter in a bowl. Work together with fingers until clumpy, and then stir in nuts. Scatter evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake the crisp for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is browned. Serve warm or at room temperature, and feel free to pair it with ice cream.