- Basic Pie Dough for a 9-inch two-crust pie (in a pinch use the box crust from Betty Crocker mix)
- 3 lb. apricots, pitted, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Roll out half the dough, for the bottom crust, and fit it into the 9 inch pie pan. Roll out the remaining dough, for the top crust, and set it aside on a lightly floured surface.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the apricots with the sugar, flour and lemon juice. Pile the fruit into the dough-lined pie pan and dot with the butter.
- Moisten the edges of the bottom crust with water and drape the top crust over the pie, pressing firmly all around the edges to seal. Trim the dough, leaving about ½ inch overhang all around. Crimp or flute the edges and cut several vents in the top of the pie.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the juices are bubbling and the top has begun to brown. Reduce the heat to 350 degree F and bake for about 25 minutes more, or until the crust is well browned. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
Source: Fannie Farmer Baking Book (revised)