- 1 cube salted butter (1/2 cup), softened OR 6 oz. safflower oil OR 3 oz. safflower oil and 3 oz. walnut oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin or pumpkin puree from a pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ¼ cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour two 5×9 or smaller (approx.) glass loaf pans.
- Mix butter and sugar together until well blended. Add pumpkin, eggs and walnuts and mix.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir until just blended. Don’t over mix.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out fairly clean when inserted in middle of loaf.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack to completely cool.
- Note: You may also use 4 small loaf pans. Bake for 35 minutes.