- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir until butter melts. Cool until mixture is warm to touch.
- Beat in eggs.
Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Add milk mixture and
stir until blended. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups that have been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Bake
until golden and tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Transfer to
racks and cool.
Source: Bon Appetit